National Night Out
The Annual "National Night Out” is a unique crime / drug prevention event sponsored by the National Association of Town Watch. It is designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness, generate support for local anti-crime programs, and to strengthen community and police partnerships. National Night Out enhances the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community and provides a great opportunity to bring police and neighbors together under positive circumstances. During the summer, neighborhoods are encouraged to host block parties to build camaraderie and make our neighborhoods a safer, better place to live.
This year's event will be held on Tuesday, August 1st from 5 to 7 p.m. in the Urbandale Police Department’s front parking lot and the soccer field to the west of the Police Department. The Urbandale Police Department has been awarded a national award the last seven years for Outstanding Participation. In 2016 we were awarded 11th place nationally among cities similar in size. We were only successful because of you!
Activities & Food
Bring the entire family for a fun-filled evening of activities and games. You will be able to meet officers from patrol, bicycle patrol, Suburban Emergency Response Team, K-9 Luke and many more! State Farm agent Ben Buenzow will be giving away free bicycle helmets, bicycle safety information and a boys and girls bicycle as well. Must be present to win!
Other food and activities include:
- Peddle kart race - Age groups are 7-13
- UH-60 Black Hawk static display from Iowa Army National Guard
- Dunk tank provided by Urbandale Citizen’s Police Academy Alumni
- Jumbo slide
- 92.5 NASH Icon with Eddie Hatfield
- Amazing Balloon Twisters
- Face painting
- Games and prizes (sponsored by Target)
- Patrol car display
- Urbandale Fire Department will be on hand with fire safety information
A ladder truck and ambulance will be on display (pending calls)
- Fire safety house provided by Blank Children’s Hospital and State Farm Insurance
- UnityPoint Life Flight
- SIDNE (driving simulator), McGruff (provided by Iowa Crime Prevention Association and Kaplan University Criminal Justice Program)
- Urbandale Police K-9 demonstration (2 shows: 5:30 and 6:30 p.m.)
- Urbandale Honor Guard presentation (6 p.m.)
- Urbandale SERT members and Rapid Deployment vehicle
- Hot dogs, chips, popcorn, popsicles and water will all be free (provided by Hy-Vee and Gloria Dei Lutheran Church)
- Numerous free handouts from local organizations that provide resources to our community
- There will be drawings at the end of the event with over $2,000 worth of prizes to be given away! Must be present to win!
2017 Sponsorship Forms
Companies with the desire to invest in the Urbandale Police National Night Out Event are aligned with promoting the city Urbandale
as a safe and crime-free community to live, work and play. There are three levels of sponsorship available:
National Night Out Gold Level Sponsor $500.00
National Night Out Silver Level Sponsor $250.00
If you would like to be a sponsor for our 2017 National Night Out event, please fill out one of the sponsor forms and return to Officer
Melissa Waalk at the Urbandale Police Department by April 16th, 2017. If you have any questions, please contact Officer Waalk at
515-331-6804 or email@example.com.